Agra is a hub of historical buildings which is famous since the Mughal period. The Mughal period was started by the Babar who was the first Mughal emperor after completing the first battle of Panipat. Agra was established by the Sikandar Lodhi in 1504. He was the son of Ibrahim Lodhi who was defeated by the Babar in the Battle of Panipat. So we will not go deep in history, let us discuss the pride of Agra city which defines the beauty of Agra all over the world.
The first Place you must visit in Agra is the Taj Mahal:-
Taj Mahal is a mausoleum of Shahjahan and Mumtaz, which defines the beauty of Agra all over the world, It is one of the seven wonders of the world, which was built by the 5th Mughal emperor Khurram (Shahjahan) from 1631 to 1649. Taj Mahal is changing its color, presenting spots of yellow, brown, and green in pictures that shocked the country’s Supreme Court. … “Earlier it was turning yellow and now it is becoming brown and green. Wanderlust the beauty of the taj mahal in our same day taj mahal tour and explore how the taj mahal looks beautiful during changes in climate.
Facts About the Taj Mahal
- The Cost of Taj Mahal built 3 crore
- Taj Mahal was built by the Shahjahan
- Mumtaz was the 4th wife of Shahjahan out of 7
- Taj Mahal stands on a Wooden Structure near the Yamuna river.
- Taj Mahal is longer than the Qutub MInar.
- The height of the Taj Mahal is 73 meters.
Agra Fort Second Major Destination
It is a fort built by the Akbar who was the 3rd Mughal emperor. The opulent Agra Fort is made using red sandstone and marble and features the Mughal style of architecture. Adil Shah Suri’s general, Hemu, recaptured Agra in 1556 and pursued its fleeing governor to Delhi where he met the Mughals in the Battle of Tughlaqabad. Sheesh Mahal, Agra Fort: The effect produced by lighting candles in Sheesh Mahal, Agra Fort.
The fort houses a maze of buildings, including vast underground sections. The Amar Singh Gate to the south is the sole entry point. A path leads straight from here up to the large Moti Masjid. Just before this is the open Diwan-e-Aam, where Shah Jahan listened to people’s petitions or issues. A small staircase just to the left of the Diwan-e-Aam throne leads up to a large courtyard. To the left is a beautiful white marble Nagina Masjid. Nagina Masjid is a beautiful mosque located in Agra Fort. It is located near Moti Masjid. This mosque is constructed with pure white marble and has a beautifully designed prayer chamber. Agra Fort is the second destination to visit after Taj in same day agra tour by car approx two hours.
Facts about the Agra Fort
- Agra Fort was built by the 3rd Mughal emperor Akbar.
- It has two gates, Delhi Gate, and Lahore Gate.
- Mughal-E-Azam then there is a famous song in this film ‘Pyaar Kiya to Darna Kya’ was shot in Agra Fort.
- Dragon, birds, and many other things are depicted on the walls inside this fort through the picture.
Tomb of Mirza Ghias beg ( Baby Taj)
It is the tomb of Mirza Ghias Beg was the in-law father of Jahangir, the 4th mMughalemperor. It is also known as the itmad-Ud-Daullah. The tomb, built between 1622 and 1628, represents a transition between the first phase of monumental Mughal architecture – primarily built from red sandstone with marble decorations, as in Humayun’s Tomb in Delhi and Akbar’s tomb in Sikandra – to its second phase, based on white marble inlay and pietra dura inlay, most elegantly realized in the Taj Mahal.
Facts about Itmad-Ud-Daullah
- The style of the tomb is similar to the tomb built for Jehangir near Lahore in Pakistan.
- The First monument used pietra dura extensively.
- The Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah is situated on the east bank of the Yamuna.
- Itmad-Ud-Daulah and his wife Asmat Begum are buried in the central chamber his brother, sister and other members of his family occupy the four corners.
It is a small garden square-shaped and perfectly aligned with the wonder, which is found on the other side of the river. This is the last garden built by Mughals. Shahjahan had a plan to build a black Taj Mahal which will look similar to the Taj Mahal, then the Aurangzeb captured his father and prisoned in Agra Fort. The beauty of mehtab bagh looks very beautiful to visit the sunrise taj mahal tour in the spectrum of sun rays.
Facts about the Mehtab Bagh
- It is the last garden built by Mughals in Agra.
- It was suggested that Shah Jahan was overthrown by his son Aurangzeb before it could be built. Ruins of blackened marble across the river in Moonlight Garden, Mahtab Bagh, seemed to support this legend.
- It is connected to the Taj Mahal & Agra Fort.
The Sikandra Fort is a beautifully engraved Tomb with intricate detailing. It is made of a special red-colored sandstone, which imparts a rich look to it. The tomb of Akbar, though Islamic in spirit, is a blend of styles. The magnificent entrance, use of exquisite patterns, excellent jali work (intricately perforated decorative stone screens), fine Persian.
Facts About Sikandra
- The Tomb is located in Sikandra Agra.
- It was constructed by the Akbar
- The tomb also has the remains of two of Akbar’s daughters.
I hope, this article will be helpful for you we briefly discussed the major destinations of Agra to visit in the winter season. Plan your holidays to explore the beauty of Agra in same day tours.